Saturday

Goal Setting OR Plan your Plan!


So on New Year's Eve, I was sick and I went to bed at 5:30 pm (yep, I am a barrel of fun). I haven't done much since except sleep, watch movies and play Wii (my son is thrilled, he hopes I am sick forever). I think I stressed out over the holiday's more than I realized and I finally let myself check out, and a stomach virus didn't help.

This morning I woke up in a panic. I feel better, but OMG I have missed out on the new year resolutions, the planning, the goal setting, MY YEAR IS RUINED! I started thinking about the year ahead, what I wanted to do and how I wanted to plan for it.

I plan to plan. If we can set resolutions on January 1st we can do it everyday, or week or month. So I plan to plan, the day, the week, the month. A plan as I go method.

  • 5 minutes every night to plan for the next day
  • 15 minutes on Sunday night to plan for the next week
  • 30 minutes at the end of the month to plan for the next month

If we must make resolutions for the new year then there are two thing that I MUST do this year so I am putting them in print for everyone to see;

  • I must complete the test to obtain my RE brokers license (I blew it off twice last year!)
  • Eat better for my health

So there you go! From a control freak who tries to accomplish everything and completes much of nothing. Plan your plan and enjoy the next year!

4 comments:

  1. I was in for NYE too - aren't we an exciting pair!

    I admire your advance planning skills! I need to take a leaf out of your book!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am going to make a list and put it someplace and check it at the end of the year. BUT I plan on only listing fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    It sounds like a good plan to me. I never make new year's resolutions...they stress me out. Although, I do take a little time at the start of each new year and think about where my life is and what I want to improve on or maybe even delete!!
    My son is always so happy when I actually played the Wii with him!!
    ~Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice! You may want to check out www.mylifelist.org for a great new website that uses a proven methodology and the power of social networking to help people achieve their goals!!
    Would love it if you became a member and shared some of your Life List goals and stories!!

    CREATE. ACT. CELEBRATE.™
    Bill Starr
    CEO, My Life List™
    http://twitter.com/mylifelist

    ReplyDelete

No one is watching just say something! Everyone here is nice.