Tuesday

No More Granite for Janet

I ran across these beautiful tile products this morning and I immediately wanted to share.







Unfortunately, or fortunately if you value my opinion at all, sharing comes with my sweet interjection.

Whether you call it ceramic tile, subway tile, standard tile or Daltile, it's all the same thing and it has gotten a bad rap in the recent past.  A basic product that was used for years was replaced, again by a more expensive giant, something everyone had to have and most couldn't afford, the behemoth granite slab.  Every tract home/McMansion  built in the last 10 years has at least a kitchen, and usually a master bath, FULL of granite slab, counter top, back splash, floor, shower, and it's become rather gauche. Don't get me wrong, I fell for it too, I have a whole kitchen full of granite.  It's beautiful, but until the day I die, I will have to pretend I love it because I could never justify tearing it out and replacing it. I will have to move to get a new kitchen.

Again, I think it's back to basics. Most basics never go out of "style" you just have to know how to use them in different ways.

Anyway, the moral of the story, be careful what you wish for.  I would love to have the option to be creative with some artsy ceramic tile.  Maybe I'll redo a bathroom.

You can see more creative tile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No one is watching just say something! Everyone here is nice.