Check out the backyard for pretty toppers such as sprigs of evergreen, holly and pinecones.
1. Inexpensive kraft or brown postal paper looks cozily traditional with twine straight from the garage.
2. Forget the wrapping altogether! Punch up a plain white box or take-out container with colorful ribbon or woven raffia.
Wrap boxes in solid art paper, then raid the craft drawer (and your kids' drawers, too!) for odds and ends to finish things off!
1. Grab a hole punch (we used a 1/4-inch and a 1-inch size from Fiskars) to create a see-through pattern on a ribbon cut from paper.
2. White paper doilies make awesome fake snowflakes and really pop when paired with boxes wrapped in shades of blue. String them through ribbon or simply stick on with tape.
3. Scraps of yarn, leftover letter stickers and glittery chipboard letters make for gorgeous whimsy.
Courtesy of Quick & Simple