Tuesday

Fat Quarter Bag


How to cut a fat quarter.

Fat quarter is the term given to a quarter of a yard of fabric that is cut as half of half a yard, to produce a "fatter" more square block of fabric rather than cutting the full width of fabric from the bolt. Dimensions are usually around 18" x 22" rather than 9" x 44". Many prefer this fat quarter cut, as the squarer piece of fabric provides more options for its use.


I designed a pattern over the weekend to make a handbag out of a fat quarter cut of fabric. Only the exterior body of the bag is made out of the fat quarter, you would need a contrasting fabric for the lining and strap. I can't wait to try it out with some of my Spoonflower fabric. Custom designs, OOAK (one of a kind), scanned art, endless possibilities.

This is just a prototype. It needs a little tweaking. Don't pay attention to the wonky fabric, it was just something from my scrap stash.


Now I just need to figure out how to convert my instructions to a PDF file. I would like to start offering PDF pattern sales in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No one is watching just say something! Everyone here is nice.